Solar Vision is one of three surviving concessionaire companies, which were established on the Government of South Africa’s initiative to provide basic electricity to people living in remote and rural areas. It is based on the understanding that ESKOM, the national grid electricity supplier, will not be able to do so within a reasonable time.
Solar Vision was registered in 2000 and did its first 150 pilot installations at the end of 2001. Today, Solar Vision has roughly 8.300 customers in the Limpopo province.
Solar Vision has entered the commercial Solar Hot Water market in 2008 in response to the increasing demand for these products. Solar Vision is here able to benefit of its wide expertise in solar applications gathered in the 8 years of existence.
Solar Vision is owned by:
- Mr JJ Jacobs (Managing Director)
Solar Vision aims to become the preferred provider of solar energy products in the Limpopo province and its surrounding area.
Besides catering home and commercial markets, Solar Vision will continue to provide and maintain solar electricity in rural areas at affordable prices.
- To provide previously disadvantaged people with basic electricity
- To provide a reliable product at an affordable price
- To acknowledge the importance of the customer through good customer service
- To ensure the product remains operational through regular and efficient maintenance
- To employ people from the rural areas in which Solar Vision is operating
- To capacitate people employed by Solar Vision to grow along with the company